Saturday, December 4, 2010

48 Hours Before Kinder Surprise





A friend of ours had recommended this super great Tokyo guide called Hello Sandwich which we completely fell in love with and ended up seeing lots of things we wouldn't have seen if we had only relied on our Lonely Planet book! 48 hours before our little Kinder Surprise we spent the morning drinking amazing coffee and eating homemade bakery goods (think Parisian quality!) in Ekoda at this teeny tiny six-seater cafe- thanks Hello Sandwich!

I had started to get cramps which I put down to 'period pains'! They were worse than I had ever had before but I didn't really think too much about it. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome a while back and hadn't had my period for a while (it was always irregular....!) so I just put it down to that and soldiered on!

We decided to go the Yebisu Beer Museum which was whole lot of cheesy fun and yes I know...I pretty much did ALL the wrong things whilst with child as I didn't know she was in there! We drank delicious beers and read hilarious and very cool pop-up books and joked when we have babies we would buy them quality books like these...hmmm!!!

The cramps definitely got worse during the night but I hugged a pillow, took some painkillers (which p.s are SO hard to get in Tokyo, you pretty much need to go to a doctor to get a prescription to get anything stronger than Disprin...) and laid in the foetal position...haha

No comments: