Monday, March 28, 2011

Bag Lady

 Olga Berg bag I bought for travelling!

First ebay purchase, stated it was leather and was not....not happy and it was kinda ugly!


 Super great Witchery bag, buttery soft, roomy and very comfy!


Urban Originals bag, super fun and roomy!

When I had Tallulah in Japan we were en-route around the world for 3 months so I had packed pretty lightly and only packed one over the shoulder black faux-leather bag with the plan to buy a super great leather one during our travels. Needless to say I ended up utilising this Olga Berg black satchel bag whilst away but on my return to Perth I started my hunt for the perfect 'non-baby-yet-a-baby-bag'! haha this actually was a lot harder than I first anticipated.

I decided I definitely did not want to go down the traditional 'nappy-baby-bag' road. They are probably really practical with their water-proof insides, pockets and room but they are just not me and I find them a little 'mumsy' haha go figure?! The things I was looking for is a roomy cool looking black leather bag with several pockets where everything important (keys, phone, wallet, dummy etc) can have place of its own. I am so over rummaging for something and its getting super tricky juggling baby and bag of things!

There have been several purchases since we have been back and still I wasn't really loving any of them! My first bag was a beautiful leather Elk satchel but I got it home and realised I impulsed bought without checking things like if it had enough pockets. Massive fail. I took it bag but could only get a credit note (darn! but I bought it from a shop I love so everyone will be getting their birthday presents from there- haha!) My next purchase was a bag from ebay which was stated as 'leather' but indeed it was not. It was super plastic-y and I was not impressed. So I went back to my trusty Olga Berg bag.

After some more shopping both online and in the shops I still could not find anything I loved! I think I was getting desperate and ended up buying a bag which was on sale from this random website called Happy Cow- talk about impulse buying. I enjoyed their philosophy they used recycled leather and they were Australian. Oh dear, the bag was hideous, small and wasn't really my style at all! So I returned this one too.

I was beginning to think I should just get a 'nappy bag' or just deal with my original bag and the rummaging. But then I found 2 bags I loved (well, hopefully loved) on ebay. I won both and waited on their arrival. YES! I loved them both- geez when it rains it pours!

The first was an Urban Originals which surprisingly isn't leather but is super roomy and has two handy side pockets and the best thing- lots of super great studs. I used this for a week until my second bag arrived and loved it. I think I would love it more if it was leather though.

 My second bag is a black leather Witchery satchel. Its made surprisingly well and I LOVE the pocket under the overflap. It fits all my stuff in there and then all of Tallulah's stuff in the main compartment. I also really like that the overflap has handles so the bag can be used as a clutch aswell. I think I have found my baby bag for now....! I can hear Ross breathe in relief- I think he was over my bag hunt haha! But if there is anyone out there that is thinking of designing super great 'non-baby' bags DO IT!

Note: Hmmm looking at these pics they kinda all look the same...I promise they are not!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi renee! i totally get the bag thing! i too searched high and low for ages looking for a bag roomie enough for Sid's & my essentials. Wasn't brave enough to buy online... but after nearly a year (I had an old witchery faithful to keep me going) ended up with a Belle Bijoux bag which i LOVE. Black leather thatching, gold hardware and slouchy, big enough but not too big to dwarf me. It's gorgeous. Love you blog. xx