Friday, February 18, 2011

These are a few of my favourite things...

When we lived in Japan Tallulah didn't really have any baby things. I mean she had clothes and a few toys but not really anything that would entertain her. When we came back to Perth I decided she didn't really need anything except for a pram. Well, that changed. The more I spoke to people and researched the whole baby thing I realised things like bouncers, playmats, swings, jolly jumpers made life easier and fun! I haven't gone crazy with the baby objects as we live in a small apartment ( I am being quite strict...Tallulah only just one tub of toys and if it overflows she has to give up something! Ooooh mean!) and I am going to join a Toy Library when she gets a little older too which I think is a brilliant idea!

These are my top 'baby things' which have made my life a dream!

1. Snugli Baby Harness (please excuse my 'glistening' face it is darn hot in Perth at the moment!)


When we were in Japan we used Bubba Moe which was great because it was cold and Tallulah could lie down and just sleep whilst we were out. We found it was a little hot for Australia and wanted something a little more structured and open. I looked at Baby Bjorn carriers which are amazing but couldn't justify the price as we were moving into a new house and buying a whole swag of new things so I found this Snugli carrier which was a fraction of the price and simply perfect! I love it and pretty much use it everyday. Tallulah LOVES it as she can see the whats going on! I actually prefer it to pram but I'm sure that will change as she grows!

2. Baby Sleeper - First Years (brand?)


In Japan we co-slept as we didn't have a cot or bassinet. I loved it. Having Tallulah right there was really comforting but we decided when we got back to Perth she would sleep in her cot. She seemed really lost and super tiny in her cot so when Target was having their baby sale I saw this baby sleeper which was half price and thought that would be handy. Um...YEP one of the best things I have bought. She loves it as she feels secure and we can transport it anywhere. She now insists on being put in her sleeper when she is tired and refuses to fall asleep in our arms...! We have it on our couch during the day and then put it into her cot at night. I'm not sure what we are going to do when she grows out of it which I think will be quite soon as she already measure 59cms and has to sleep like a frog to fit! haha cute.

3. Baby Bouncer



This was a present from Ross' sister and at first I think Tallulah was a little small for it but now she is completely obsessed with it and plays in it almost everyday. It makes her giggle and laugh and she is so darn cute! I love it because its an open weave and as long as she can still see me she is happy to bounce away in it which gives me some free hands to do something like read a magazine or the dishes haha that sounds very domesticated doesn't it? 

4. Mountain Buggy Swift



Shopping for a pram was really stressful...I actually hated it. It was like shopping for a car. One lady at one shop asked what we were looking for in our pram. We didn't know how to answer so went home and researched the hell out of prams and narrowed it down to the Mountain Buggy and the iCandy. We decided on the Mountain Buggy Swift as its small (in pram land!) and we liked the 3-wheel thing. When we bought it the sales lady warned us that this pram could not be transformed to seat 2 babies...hmmm lady pretty sure there won't be another baby for a long time haha! I got a super cute pram liner for it as I thought the canvas was a little hard and Baby T loves it! Honestly we don't use the pram that much as I thought we would but I know we eventually will!

5. Change Table


We only got our change table last week. We had been changing Tallulah on our bed on a change mat and it was starting to kill our backs and she is only small! So we bought this amazingly great set of drawers which has a change table which flips out second-hand because new they are like a bazillion dollars! I made a super cute gingham change mat and a cute art inspired mobile! I love it and my back loves it big time! And we have a place to put all of Tallulah's things so handy!

So there is my list of my favourite 'that makes my life easier' things! There are a few others but these ones top my list! 

No comments: