Monday, January 23, 2012

shut eye


we read an article about making the cot fun during the day...haha it was fun but didn't work!


oh woe is me! we are not getting any shut eye of late and its turning me into a zombie-mama. I am just oh-so tired! What is going on? I ask Tallulah this everyday but she just giggles! Before Christmas we were doing so well and we even had some sleep throughs which got me very excited but alas she has regressed and even worse she now refuses to sleep in her cot....what is this all about? 

She insists on sleeping in our bed which SUCKS as she is a wriggler and these steamy summer nights are horrid as she likes to cuddle in. We have taken the next step and decided to move her into a toddler bed. We only assembled it last night and she slept 1/2 the night in there so maybe this is going to work for us....we will just wait and see! Please cross your fingers for us...

4 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my! Good luck xo

Unknown said...

You poor love! We were doing great and then miss s got a virus before xmas and has stopped sleeping through. Am so knackered. Ngala told me that putting her bed in her cot and to make a bed next to her on the floor would be worth a try so when she woke up she knew I was there and helped her back to re-settle. That worked for us.Fingers crossed something works for you too. It is so hard isn't it?

Renee said...

@spark- thanks for the tip re: mattress on the floor, I might give that a try! It kills me though because we just got an amazing new tempur mattress for our bed and all I want to do is sleep on it! haha

Sammie said...

Fingers crossed.
We have some friends taht had this problem. It was even a bigger problem when they had 2 close in age (18 months) and had no choice but to move the older one into a bed... Well maybe not! It worked and she now sleeps in her own bed!
Hope it works for you/